Saturday, February 18, 2012

women who inspire me

i am thankful for some special people this week.  looking back over the past year, a lot has happened since last february.  i don't like to meditate on the past, events, loss, or areas where I have been broken, but i do like to pinpoint growth, His light that He has shown through key people in my life.

mom and mimi

Most would say that I take after my father's looks, my mom's caring heart and creativity, and I'd like to request that I take after my mimi's steadfast heart in unconditional love and support for family (maybe one day I'll exemplify it the way she does!). These two ladies show more love through their talents and thoughtfulness to me and the people in their lives than any ladies I know. I am truly thankful to share their character with you all.  Everyone deserves to have or adopt ladies like these into his/her life.


sissy

Only 2.5 years apart, but you'd never know I was the oldest. :)  To my sweet sister and dearest friend.  I am so honored to be able to share so many memories (loss and gain) with you this past year.  Yes, I remember all the times I slammed your fingers in the car "not knowing you were behind me" and those times that we played school, bank, OBGYN, massage therapist, and all the nights we've slept in the bed together "because there's really no reason to have two bedrooms for sisters as close as us."  I love you, admire you, and encourage you to continue sharing Jesus' love with everyone you meet and live life with.

ana

A mi amiga, Ana. Hemos sido amigos desde la juventud. Hay demasiados recuerdos para escribir en este post, pero quiero que sepas lo mucho que están verdaderamente amó y perdió. Nuestros lunes por la noche las fechas de Skype sido perfecto! Estoy muy feliz de llamar a amigos, incluso si a kilómetros de distancia. El Señor se nos revela de manera sorprendente, y su historia, mi amigo es un milagro. Estoy sorprendido de su gracia y amor a través de su vida. Te amo, querida Anita.

the vill: abbi, waverlee, and bethany


I love these girls! Bible study, fellowship, prayer, art, laughter, tears, and food at Samuel's Village on Tuesday nights doesn't even begin to describe this relationship.  I want to mention these special ladies because they are my heart. I love living life with each of them on a weekly basis.  They sharpen me and love me and it's friends like these that Christ intended us to walk with in this world. Love you, ladies.

wendy

My darling-Jesus-loving-getting-kids-fit-Denver-living-Land-Cruising-hiking-friend that I miss so much!  Wendy and I have known each other since before we could drive.  Though we live states apart, we never miss a beat with each other. Whether through picture texts or prayers via phone, this girl is the example of a Christ-loving-seeking woman.  I am so blessed to share life with her.  

There are a two more ladies who I'd like to mention, but I do not have photographs of them. :( 

I will give them a special post when I find or take some....

I pray that those reading this post will seek or nuture relationships that bring out the very best/worst in you, in reverence and obedience to Christ, so that you might be sharpened and used for His Kingdom.  

Have a wonderful weekend. 
~h 


1 comment:

Annie said...

Hannie! Mi preciosa amiga! Gracias por considerar a mi como alguien valioso en tu vida. Para mi, tu amistad a sido algo hermoso. Hemos pasado cosas que muestre el proposito que dios tiene para las amistades. Eres mi amiga y hermana en Cristo. Que bello es eso! Te quiero mucho amiga, y gracias por este post :)