Wednesday, September 7, 2011

thank you for giving me a chance

i heard these few words three times today.

"thank you for giving me a chance."

the ladies who told me this didn't know that their chances were my chance.

my chance to:
trust in the One who gave me a chance
the One who saved me from myself, fear, death

a chance to learn my earthly life is worthless when not spent on heavenly things

tomorrow is my last day at work--- i don't really see it as the finale, however, i know things will never be the same.  hearing these ladies say thank you today really didn't settle in with me until i got home tonight.  obviously, i'm a lot nicer than the last lady (haha).  no, but really, i have grown more spiritually in the last 2 years through my career than ever before.  how?  i don't know all the reasons why, however, i know i took a large step towards the unknown in agreeing to take care of 110 residents, managing 15 staff, and handling the communication matters with many healthcare professionals and family members that i've never worked with/around before.  it's been a struggle.  a joy.  a stretch at times when i felt like breaking.  a joy. tears and sleeplessness.  a joy.

We have so much to learn in laboring and suffering for Jesus Christ.  In 1st Timothy, Paul writes to Timothy regarding good servants of Jesus.   Verses 4:10-11

For to this end 3we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, iwho is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. 11 These things command and teach.
~~~
it's about the hope generated in us through Christ.  i am thankful for that hope.  it's the only thing that these ladies saw as i gave them a chance.

thank you Lord for being my hope.


No comments: