Tuesday, August 10, 2010

warrior dash

So, I am taking on an endeavor in November called Warrior Dash in Austin. Going to be quite fun, I can imagine. I was looking at the site, and well...read below...I can't wait! (italicized words taken from their site http://www.warriordash.com/index.php)

How do I train for Warrior Dash?
1. Day one: run as far as you can. Go home. Day two: do the same thing.
2. Find the dirtiest pond in your neighborhood and snorkel in it - in your slippers, without goggles.
3. Practice your climbing and crawling skills at your local jungle gym. Ignore the small children and parental glares.
4. Do not shower or shave for weeks in order to obtain a true Warrior look.

Seriously though, your best bet is to do plenty of running leading up to the race.


Well, I can definitely tackle the 3-4 mile feat. I did double that this am, mud, though...I need to buy some all terrains soon...gear...well, I think Ames and I will have to decide on special costumes and hats for that day (FO SHO!).

In all things, we are more than conquerors! (Romans 8:35-37)
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:"For your sake we face death all day long;we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans 8:35-37

Have a blessed day, friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it did one last year I am signed up for the Spartan race in NY, http://www.spartanrace.com, Enjoy your race